Historically, I have used Sinupret for decades with good results. Another Bionorica product made in Germany, this is a tried and true herbal supplement that
reliably acts against acute and chronic inflammations of the paranasal sinuses through its combination of the five medicinal plants. Sinupret’s broad field of pharmacological actions originates from its combination of five medicinal plants.
- Cowslip (Primula veris/elatior): The active substances of cowslip’s flowers and calyx are mucolytic, anti-inflammatory and combat the disease-causing pathogens, namely, viruses and bacteria.
- Yellow gentian (Gentiana lutea): The plant part used for medicinal purposes is the root, which contains substances with an anti-inflammatory action.
- Black elder (Sambucus nigra): The flowers of the black elder have a mucolytic action.
- Common sorrel (Rumex species): Its active substances from the leaves and stems also have a mucolytic action and an anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, they support the body’s own defences and exhibit an antibacterial action.
- Vervain (Verbena officinalis): The active substances from the leaves and stems also have a mucolytic action, are anti-inflammatory and combat viruses.
Dosage for the child under 12 years old with sinus inflammation and congestion
15-30 drops 3 times daily